The Conduct Committee is responsible conducting investigations of incidents within the Kiwiburn community.
We aim to:
- Refine the process for investigation of reports made regarding behaviour that transgresses the Kiwiburn Code of Conduct
- Suggest changes to the Code of Conduct, when needed, to the ExCom
- Investigate reports in a thorough, confidential, and respectful manner
- Resolve reports by making recommendations for action to ExCom when necessary.
How we achieve these goals:
- Document each report as it is made
- Determine whether action is required
- Respond to the report in a timely fashion
- If the incident is actionable, develop an understanding of the incident such that a recommendation for action may be made to ExCom
- Document all reports in a manner that will enable the Conduct Committee to identify patterns of behaviour
- Maintain the anonymity of the reporter when an incident is reported but the reporter does not wish to take the matter any further than alerting the Conduct Committee
- Make reports to the ExCom recommending courses of action as an outcome of investigations of either single incidents or ongoing patterns of behaviour.
What we do not do
- The Conduct Committee does not determine guilt or innocence
- The Conduct Committee gathers sufficient information to make a fair and reasonable recommendation of whether to allow someone continued access to Kiwiburn events.
Get in touch with The Conduct Committee through the Contact Page.
Become a Committee member
Kiwiburn is seeking expressions of interest for Committee members. Is this something you’d see yourself doing? Or have someone in mind you think this would suit? Apply here.