The Conduct Committee is responsible conducting investigations of incidents within the Kiwiburn community.
We aim to:
- Refine the process for investigation of reports made regarding behaviour that transgresses the Kiwiburn Code of Conduct
- Suggest changes to the Code of Conduct, when needed, to the ExCom
- Investigate reports in a thorough, confidential, and respectful manner
- Resolve reports by making recommendations for action to ExCom when necessary.
How we achieve these goals:
- Document each report as it is made
- Determine whether action is required
- Respond to the report in a timely fashion
- If the incident is actionable, develop an understanding of the incident such that a recommendation for action may be made to ExCom
- Document all reports in a manner that will enable the Conduct Committee to identify patterns of behaviour
- Maintain the anonymity of the reporter when an incident is reported but the reporter does not wish to take the matter any further than alerting the Conduct Committee
- Make reports to the ExCom recommending courses of action as an outcome of investigations of either single incidents or ongoing patterns of behaviour.
What we do not do
- The Conduct Committee does not determine guilt or innocence
- The Conduct Committee gathers sufficient information to make a fair and reasonable recommendation of whether to allow someone continued access to Kiwiburn events.
Get in touch with The Conduct Committee through the Contact Page.
Become a Committee member
Kiwiburn is seeking expressions of interest for the new roles – a Team Lead and Committee members. Is this something you’d see yourself doing? Or have someone in mind you think these roles would suit? Apply for roles here when the roles are posted in early September.